Campsite Terms and Conditions and Rules
By booking here at Hopleys Family Camping LTD, you agree to the following terms, conditions and campsite rules, and are aware that if you breach any of these rules it may result in your immediate removal from the campsite, without any refund.
The following terms, conditions and rules are in place to help ensure the safety and enjoyment of all when staying on our campsite.
- A deposit of £20 per pitch is needed at the time of booking.
- Full payment is due 4 weeks (28 days) prior to your stay.
- If full payment is not received 4 weeks (28 days) prior to your stay your deposit will be lostand the pitch will be resold.
- Cancellations will result in loss of deposit.
- If you cancel more than 4 weeks (28 days +) prior to your booked arrival date the £20 deposit will be lost but the remaining balance that has been paid will be refunded.
- If you cancel under 4 weeks (28 days) prior to your booked arrival date this will result in loss of the £20 deposit and the full balance including extras.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- In the event of a pandemic or other natural occurrences, please ask for our update policies on these.
- We recommend taking out holiday insurance to cover any cancellation.
- All transferred bookings must be transferred within 6 months of first booking.
- Any transfers or credits must be used with 12 months.
- You can only transfer a booking twice.
- If for any reason Hopleys Family Camping decide to refund a customer, for any reason, at the discretion of Hopleys Family Camping, we will charge 20% of the transaction.
- Always Park in the main car park and report to reception on arrival.
- If you pitch in the wrong place, you will be asked to move.
- If you are unsure if you are pitching correctly, in the right area or unsure of anything else then please contact the duty warden.
- Arrival and check in for all pitch types (excluding glamping) is from 1pm till 9pm.
- Late arrivals must notify reception of their estimated time of arrival, if they are planning on arriving after 5pm.
- Late arrivals will only be accepted until 9pm.
- We reserve the right to change your pitch.
- Pitches must be vacated by 11am on the day of departure unless a late stay has been accepted.
- Any bulk waste must be taken away with you including but not limited to tents, air beds, groundsheets, camping chairs.
Cards for electric gates
− You will be issued with a key card at check in. This card is the property of Hopleys Family Camping LTD and must be retuned at the end of the stay.
− If the card is not retuned, Hopley’s family Camping can charge the customer £5.00.
− Only one card is given for each pitch even if 2 or more cars are booked and paid for.
Pitch, occupancy and booking
- One unit (tent, caravan, motorhome, campervan and any other sort of accommodation) per pitch. If another tent is required, a 2nd pitch must be purchased and paid for.
- Pup tents are NOT Allowed.
- Gazebos, awnings or any extras are an additional cost.
- You are responsible for booking an appropriately sized pitch for the unit you are staying in,and any extras you may be bringing.
- You are not allowed to encroach onto other pitches.
- We reserve the right to move you to an alternative pitch than the one booked for any reason.
- On Bank holidays it is a minimum stay of three nights for all power pitches.
- At weekends (Fri-Sun) in mid and high season it is a minimum of two nights stay on all pitches.
- In low season one-night stays on are permitted.
- Emergency access roads must be kept clear at ALL times and not obstructed in any way.
- No more than 6 people in one unit/ pitch.
- No groups or parties are allowed.
- All pitches must have the correct name and contract details for the customer who is stopping on the pitch.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians staying on their pitch.
- Parents or guardians are accountable for their children and children (under 18 years) should be in supervised at all times.
- Children, (under 18 years) need to be back on their pitch between 10pm and 7am with the exception of the use of the bathrooms.
- We strongly advise electric hook up cables should be 25meters long.
- On any pitch with electric hook up. The campsite will pay for your first £5.00 per night. Any more electric will need to be paid for by you.
- We are slowly introducing pay as you go electric meter to the campsite between August 2023 and April 2024. If you have paid for an electric pitch, £5.00 per night of the money you paid is allocated for electric and if you get put on a power available pitch with a pay as you go electric meter, we will credit that electric meter with £5.00 per night of your stay. If you use any electric above this, you will have to pay to top up your meter.
- If you have paid for a power available pitch, all electric will need to be paid for by yourselfvia our office, in office hours.
- Dogs must be kept under control and on a lead at all times.
- Only well-behaved dogs and pets allowed onsite.
- Dog’s mess must be cleaned up and disposed of in the dog bins provided.
- Dogs are an extra cost.
- There is to be only ONE car per pitch.
- Extra car must be paid for and parked in the over flow car park.
- There is a 5mph speed limit throughout the site which must not be exceeded.
- Cars should be parked adjacent to any slopes on the campsite. Your car must be parked safely, with the handbrake on at all times.
- The normal highways rules apply at Hopley’s Family Camping LTD at all times, with no exceptions. This includes no driving with children sitting on passengers or drivers laps or in the back of pickup trucks, all passengers must wear a seatbelt when the vehicle is moving. Driving whilst under the influence of alcohol / drugs is strictly prohibited.
Fire pits, onsite fires and BBQ’s
- All fires and BBQs are to be lifted off the grass and/or decking.
- Keep all fires and BBQs way from anything that can be burnt or be damaged.
- We do rent fire pits at reception; you are unable to pre book these.
- Hot ashes/BBQ coals must not be disposed of until completely cooled/extinguished.
- Hot ashes/BBQ coals must be disposed correctly in the designated bins.
- You must keep a container of water nearby.
- You must be responsible and present when fires and BBQs are hot.
- Hopleys Family Camping will not be liable for any incidences involving onsite fires.
- Fishing rules must be adhered to and tickets purchased at reception or Cafe before you start fishing.
- Any day visitors must check in and be paid for at reception on arrival.
- Day visitors’ cars are to be left in the main car park unless the visitor has mobility issuesand/ or other unique circumstances.
- All visitors must vacate the site by 10.00pm.
- Day visitor are limited to 6 visitors per pitch.
- Please be aware that due to the rural location and changing flora/fauna we cannot guarantee reliable wi-fi or phone signal.
- Please be aware that due to the rural location we are unable to control certain aspects of our natural surroundings.
- Do not damage, harm or disrupt any of the flora, fauna or property on the site. If any damage is purposefully caused you will be a charged for repairs and/or possible legal proceedings may ensue.
Noise and quiet time policy
We are a camp site for families. We want customer to have fun however, they must not disturb other people staying with us.
- No noise after 10 30pm, including but not limited to, music, shouting, loud talking or moving vehicles between 10.30pm and 7am.
- No swearing or music with swearing in at any time.
- No loitering or gathering after 10 30pm.
- After 10.30pm every person should remain on their own pitch unless using one of the facilities, noise should be kept low when doing so.
- Before 10.30pm any music and noise must be kept to a reasonable volume so that it does not disturb other guests and does not go beyond the parameters of your pitch.
- The children’s play areas are closed between 10pm and 7am.
- The volume of radios, televisions etc. must be kept low at all times and especially after 1030pm. Anyone found causing a disturbance on the campsite will be evicted without a refund.
- Please contact us directly prior to arrival if there are any special requirements.
- Weather related instances are beyond our control and we take no responsibility for this.
- If you see any illegal/potentially dangerous behaviour/activities please contact the appropriate authorities (non-emergency police contact: 101) immediately and/or inform the campsite warden on 0770652928.
- In the case of an emergency please call 999.
- Please be aware, during the low and mid-season the campsite is in a state of various ongoing renovations.
- Please be aware that emergency works may be carried out all year round.
- Hopley’s will not be liable for injury to person(s) or loss or damage to any property, car, Accommodation, etc. whilst on park, however such injury, loss or damage may occur.
- Hopleys family Camping reserve the right to prohibit the use of anything for any reason.
- Respect our facilities. Do not drop litter. Please leave the toilets as clean as you found them and report any issues to the duty warden.
- No vandalism.
- No electric shooters, electric cars, electric hoverboards or electric skateboards.
- Report any accident or incidence to reception as soon as you safely can.
- Any anti-social behaviour or abusive language/actions including but not limited toaggression, yelling, intimidation, violence, towards members of staff or other guests will NOT be tolerated and will result in immediate removal from the campsite without a refund.
- Children should be supervised at all times. Parents are solely responsible for their children’s behaviour and safety.
- If you have any problems (including noise disturbances) outside of office hours please call the out of hours (24hr) contact number provided, we cannot stop the disturbance with problems after the event/ disturbance has occurred.
- Picnic benches are not to be moved without permission.
- Pre erected units (Shepherds hut, bell tents, Yurts etc.) are not to be entered unless you have booked them or have you have been given permission by a member of staff to do so.
- Dug in fire pits, and the sheltered cooking area are solely for the use of Bell tent/ Yurt/Shepherd’s Hut occupants unless permission has been given by a member of Hopley’sstaff.
- No water balloons are allowed.
- Any litter must be disposed of in the general waste/recycle bins provided.
- CCTV is in operation around the park. This is for the security of the park, visitors and staff.
- No recreational drugs allowed onsite.
- No rope swings allowed. If there is a rope swing, please do not touch.
- Be prepared for any adverse weather conditions.
- No swimming, fishing or paddling in the stream or the nature pool.
- Data Protection: The information taken at time of booking is required to be collected for the purposes of processing your reservation with us. We may process your data to keep you informed of our activities and to keep you updated with news, offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information for the marketing purposes described in this paragraph, please let us know. We may also disclose your data to CampStead Ltd who may contact you, inviting you to complete a questionnaire and review regarding your stay at our park.
2 | Page